Thursday, July 06, 2006

Watching the weather

The summers are great for weather watchers like me, especially in this era of The Weather Channel, www.noaa.gov, and internet access to local time-lapsed weather radar loops . We can follow the distant hurricane or local thunderstorm by the minute second with pin point accuracy. Not to mention digital indoor-outdoor thermometers and "weather band" radios.

Until last week I had thought that Shanghai had no local radar. But after some net surfing, I can now somewhat follow local thunderstorms from the Shanghai Meteorological Bureau radar, There's no "loop" and the range is huge but it's still weather radar.

Also, I've been tracking western Pacific cyclones at the Weather Underground. How about Typhoon Ewiniar!!!???? For 15 day forecasts I use Accuweather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Weather watching, along with chapstick, must be a family addiction! Are you able to catch any of the Tour de France?