Sunday, March 12, 2006

John has a new guitar!



I did not bring any of my musical instruments to Shanghai and was starting to miss playing the guitar so yesterday we hit the music stores clustered around the Shanghai Music Conservatory and I after much strumming brought home a new Toyama six-string acoustic guitar with gig bag and pick for just over 400RMB or about $50 US.

I also played an Ayers guitar which was OK but too expensive @ over $1000 US and several Johnson guitars which are made in China as a joint venture with AXL, a US company, but the Johnsons were strung with a crappy mix-match of strings and were not tuned so it was just not possible to get a good idea of the sound or action.

Then it was way cool to sling the gig bag over my shoulder and hop on the subway for the ride home.

I've got blisters on my fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is time for John to start a band in Shanghai!