Thursday, February 01, 2007

Neat Freak

The new maid is a neat freak.

When we changed apartments and districts this past November, we also changed maids. I liked Xiao He, the old maid. She was talkative – although I rarely understood what she said – did a good job, and it turned out that we were born in the same year. I'm 3 months older.

Our new maid is Xiao Xiao. She is not talkative, does a great job, and it turns out that she is 3 weeks younger than Sun-Ling.

Xiao Xiao is a neat freak.

She washes clothes every day because she can't stand the smell of a single dirty sock in the laundry basket.

The garbage can is lined with several layers of plastic bags. When one bag is full, pull it out, take it outside and the next one is already in place.

Last week she stacked the loose change on my dresser by denomination.

She prunes yellow leaves off my orchids before I do.

Not only does she fold my socks neatly in the sock drawer, she stacks them by color. Wow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys make Wyman and I jealous. We are in a process of finding a live-in nanny for our first born daughter.

It is so hard to find a good Chinese nanny and we have to 20 times more in US.

-Rachel

Anonymous said...

you're really spoiled!

-weiqing